Batch #1 is now SOLD OUT!
Should you wish to be added to our wait list, please submit your request via the form found HERE.
5 Frame Nuc - With Brood, Queen and Bees
These Nucs are made up from overwintered colonies (not imported packages) from an experienced beekeeper located in the Fraser Valley region of BC.
All nucs will come with inspection paperwork from the BC Ministry of Agriculture (if imported) in accordance with the Bee Act and are approved for import by Alberta Agriculture. There's nothing you need to do other then register your new hives once you receive them!
What's in a "5 Frame Nuc"?
Your new 5 frame nuc will consists of a bee tight transport box and 5 Langstroth deep frames of drawn comb. The frames will be a mixture of newer wood and one piece frames. And contain:
- 2-3 Frames of Brood & Hatching Brood
- 2-3 Frames of Honey & Pollen and open Comb
All of our nucs and hives are from overwintered colonies and contain high quality, professional breed queens.
Pickup in Calgary Alberta. Date, time and location to be confirmed, but expected to be the week of June 13, 2022. This may be subject to change based on weather or other events. We are making arrangements to offer delivery to Red Deer and Edmonton June 19, however this hasn't been confirmed.
- Come prepared to handle live bees! Arrive early if you need to purchase bee suits, gloves, veils etc.
- Closing up, taping, netting and securing the nucs for transportation is the responsibility of the purchaser. We can help, but can not be responsible for bees that over heat once they are out of our care!
- Should you wish to pre-inspect your nucs, arrangements can be made. Please contact us directly. We may not always be able to accommodate inspections at time of pick up. Please plan accordingly.
- These nucs will need to be transferred into larger equipment immediately. Please have equipment prepared in advance to ensure a smooth transition. We can assist with hive equipment if needed.
- Any issues or concerns must be brought to our attention within 48 hours of receiving your bees.
- Full payment required at time of ordering. Contact us for details on payment schedule for 25+ nucs.
- As this is a live animal product that is made to order and in high demand a "restocking fee" of $35 will be charged on canceled orders prior to May 1, 2022. Cancellations after May 1, 2022 will be refunded to store credit only.
- Returns & Exchanges
If you are not satisfied with your purchase from our online store, you may return the unused product complete with original packaging and tags intact to the Online Store within 7 days of receiving the item for a refund less a 15% restocking fee (transaction fees) or 30 days for a store credit.
Due to bio security concerns, no products that have come into contact with bees, honey or wax can be accepted for return or exchange.
All returns must be authorized via email or phone prior to shipping. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-764-8177 to start the return process.
Discounted items or items purchased with a promo code are considered a final sale. Discount codes may not be retroactively applied to previous orders.
Beekeeping products can be tough to ship! Here is our shipping policy.
Thank you for supporting Worker and Hive Bee Supply. The following are the terms and conditions that constitute our Shipping Policy.
Shipment processing time: All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are shipped Tuesday through Friday, excluding holidays. If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
Shipping rates & delivery estimates: Shipping charges and estimated delivery times for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout. Please contact us directly should you feel that the quote is inaccurate and we will manual calculate order shipping rates. Although delivery delays can occasionally occur, we value your time and make every effort to to get your purchased items to you quickly. Occasionally, the carrier you have selected may not be the best option for delivery and we will substitute a comparable delivery option for your order.
Shipment to P.O. box addresses may not always be available for carriers other than Canada Post. Please confirm that your requested carrier (Purolator, UPS etc..) services your address prior to placing your order. We can not be responsible for unclaimed packages and will only refund the difference between product price and shipping fees.
Shipment Confirmation & Order tracking: You will receive a Shipment Confirmation email once your order has shipped containing your tracking number(s). The tracking number will be active within 24 hours.
Customs, Duties and Taxes: Worker and Hive Bee Supply is not responsible for any customs and taxes applied to your order. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer (tariffs, taxes, etc.).
Damages: Worker and Hive Bee Supply is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim. Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
International Shipping Policy: We currently only offer international shipping to the U.S. Please contact us directly should you wish to have your purchase shipped to a country other than Canada or U.S.
Returns Policy: Our Return & Refund Policy provides detailed information about options and procedures for returning your order. It can be found HERE.